South Side Celebrity Trivia
1) What celebrated Englewood artist likes to fold maps of Chicago in half?
2) Which University of Chicago film studies professor last year became the first Black woman to host Turner Classic Movies?
3) Which South Side architecture critic and photographer calls Pullman home?
4) Stanley’s, one of the last taverns on Back of the Yards’ Whiskey Row, was run by what beloved proprietor, who died last year at the age of ninety-five?
5) What legendary R&B-disco-funk icon grew up in Auburn Gresham?
6) Maria’s, in Bridgeport, is named after what neighborhood entrepreneur’s mother?
7) Which Washington Park practitioner of regenerative urban development was awarded a MacArthur “Genius Grant” in 2019?
8) What founder of Pilsen’s Teatro Luna has gone on to champion Latinx writers in Hollywood as a showrunner for the Starz series Vida?
9) Which rapper from Chatham purchased a defunct Chicago news site in 2018 with promises to relaunch it that have yet to materialize?
10) Which Little Village immigration activist helped found both Chicago’s Organized Communities Against Deportation and the national Latinx organization Mijente?